Keller Graduate School of Management GPA 3.9/4
Web Service Manager
North Aurora, IL
- Designed flies and pamphlets.
- Supported video, audio, and technical system
- Designed, Created, and Supported website
- Video Streaming
- Web E-mail
- Audio Streaming
North Aurora, IL
- Developed a plan, curriculum, and location for teaching free technology classes
- Taught free classes onsite and using web technologies for on-demand access
- Designed, Created, and Supported website http://lrcministeriohispano.org/
- Developed multimedia components
BIS155 - Excel/Statistics Online Instructor
- Online Instructor for BIS155 (Data Analysis with Spreadsheets)
Manager, Strategic Initiatives & Special Projects
- Develop processes, technologies, and resources needed to support special projects and strategic initiatives across all DVG institutions.
- Manage the migration strategy, for 8 different universities and colleges, from Pearson Learning Studio to Canvas. This within a time span of 8 months.
- Develop a migration tool that increased the efficiency of migration up to 50%. From 8 hours to migrate one course, to less than 4 hours.
- Create different tools (dashboards and tracking) technologies to support the migration.
- Provide support to academic and technical teams to understand how Canvas works.
- Work with Canvas to create a new blueprint master strategy to enhance the deployment of centralized updates and content management.
- Develop a new authoring tool to support the new content strategy with Canvas.
Web Services Manager
- Created the vision, culture, job requirements and implementation of the course production and accessibility teams
- Managed the development and implementation of a WCAG 2.0 Level AA compliant template for all DeVry Education Group’s institutions.
- Managed the implementation of a new web based technology content authoring system for the course development team. This software package decreased course development time by at least 35%, and enabled an increase in course production throughput by 30%. Manage overall technical production of online coursework, accessibility, and course support across DeVry Education Group’s institutions
- Defined the implementation, processes and technology requirements that were foundational to the successful execution of DeVry Education Group’s Project Independence (migrating over 1,000 online courses to a content management system)
- Led DeVry Education Group’s Responsive Design project. This required working with all institutions, defining requirements, and translating those to web developers and programmers for final execution
- Recipient of Ron Taylor Award (2014)
Senior Information Technologist
- Researched emerging technologies for online education (mobile, social networking)
- Managed investigation, design, project management, and implementation of collaboration tools for online education
- Developed, Implemented, and Supported web conferencing technologies for DeVry, Keller, and Chamberlain institutions. This included budgeting and working with procurement.
- Recipient of DeVry’s Pride Award – highest award for employees (2012)
eLearning Accessibility (2011- 2014)
- Managed and developed a strategy to ensure inclusive design and accessibility for DeVry, Keller, Chamberlain, and Carrington online courses. This included a new course template, multimedia development strategy, coding techniques, and processes
- Created the Accessibility Guidelines site and resources for Subject Matter Experts, Instructional Designers, Web Developers, and procurement
- Implement successfully inclusive design and accessibility techniques for multiple projects
- Developed multiple processes and implemented systems to enhance student accommodation process via the ADA officers.
- Active member of Illinois Board of Higher Education. Presented webinars to other colleges and universities about accessibility technologies, processes, and techniques
- Developed a database system to maintain the ADA information across DeVry, Keller, and Chamberlain online students
- Researched and implemented web technologies to enhance student’s experience in the courses. i.e. MathML, JQuery, and Assistive technologies such as ReadSpeaker
Web Conferencing Administrator
Web Conferencing Administrator
- Developed a plan for new web conferencing integration and implementation for DeVry, Keller, and Chamberlain
- Developed, maintained, and updated live lecture database.
- Enhanced process to schedule live lecture instructors with the organization’s standards
- Developed training and support materials for live lectures. Trained and supported the faculty, Program Deans, Faculty Managers and other departments
- Administered all web conferencing solutions (Adobe Connect, WebEx, and Elluminate)
- Created, Developed, and Supported Live Lectures courses
Learning Management System Administrator
- Managed user accounts
- Created, maintained, and updated master courses and duplicated content for course delivery
- Updated, repaired, created content in course shells
- Maintained the web conferencing repository
- Created and maintained announcements
- Created, Developed and Supported education technology projects
- Developed and implemented educational projects with students.
- Assisted with computer educational software
- Taught staff new technologies and generated new educational resources
- Trained staff to utilize classroom and office computers
- Elaborated training materials (manuals, PowerPoint presentations, websites)
Title 1 Reading/ Teacher Assistant
- Diffused potentially violent situations in an educational environment
- Translated for Spanish speaking parents
- Operated the computer lab for Reading computer programs (network based)
Manager of Technology.
- Defined needs, recommended, evaluated, and acquired technology (software/hardware)
- Developed budget for the school’s technologies
- Developed and integrated new technology
- Managed and supervised technological projects
- Installed software and troubleshot computer problems
- Supported and managed the data information of the school’s departments
- Developed and designed Larkin Center School’s Web Page (intranet)
- Designed, created and supported MS Access Database for intervention and reading
- Troubleshot 50 computers (Hardware, Software and Network )
System Administrator and Web Engineer
Administrative Assistant for Accounting and System Support (1999 – 2000)
- Designed Microsoft Access Database to manage company assets
- Provided Technical Support to end-users (developed manuals)
- Troubleshot hardware and software problems
- Configured Microsoft NT Network Stations
- Prepared Multi-Department accounting and financial reports using Ms Excel
- Managed the university payroll; Controls & Security
System Administrator and Web Engineer – Business Faculty (1998 – 1999)
- Designed, enhanced and updated the university’s website
- Provided technical support to the university faculty
- Defined, evaluated, and purchased technology based on requirements
System Administrator and Web Engineer – University’s Library (1997 – 1999)
- Managed, assessed, and developed technology requirements
- Designed the first website across the university. Acted as pioneer of web development within the entire institution.
- Managed the library’s database and full conversion from legacy (COBOL) system to web based application. (supervised 10 employees)
Web Design Instructor
(ASCOLFA) Medellín, Colombia
Instructed 20 faculty members in designing and developing websites using Front Page 2000 and Image Composer